Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Gratitude Journal

I keep a gratitude journal that I try to write in every night.
I just record little things that I was grateful for that day, anything from hitting that green light after leaving the grocery store, a paycheck coming in the mail, the beautiful deer feeding on the green grass in my backyard, or the abundance of love in my life. Every once in a while I read back through it to remind myself how wonderful my life is, and how lucky I am to be living it. Tonight was one of those nights. I came across an entry that any baker can appreciate because something similar has happened to anyone and everyone brave enough to mix a bunch of stuff together in a bowl and shove it in the oven just to see what will happen. I thought I might share it just to pass on the smile that it brought to me!

I'm grateful that the hair in my cake batter wound itself around the mixer paddle and did not end up in the cake!

Hehe… I'm sure the people who ate the cake would be grateful too! 




All Rights Reserved 2008 © Books and Bakes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I love the idea of a gratitude journal. I used to journal a lot, I need to start again.

And oh my gosh! Your hair wound around your beaters! Yikes! With all of my baking mishaps I'm surprised this one hasn't happened yet.

Mama Mia said...

gratitude journal... that is wonderful