Saturday, January 12, 2008

Coconut confections


Looking around this morning I noted that the chocolate cupcakes had dwindled down to one, so it was time to get baking again. Todays kitchen adventure resulted in a delicious coconut cake in honor of my best friend Lindsay's new adventure… moving far away and leaving me for love! Who can blame her. So we celebrated with champagne and cake as I think all things should be celebrated with. Luckily Lindsay likes coconut because I had been looking for an excuse to bake this dreamy confection. It was definitely worth the effort and was a total hit! If you're up for the challenge heres the recipe. It's a Barefoot Contessa ceation, so you know it's going to be good!
Cheers Linds, I will miss you dearly! 

p.s. you're not taking the cake with you!


All Rights Reserved 2008 © Books and Bakes

No comments: