Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Wisdom of Wallace Wattles

God, the One Substance, is trying to live and do and enjoy things through humanity. He is saying "I want hands to build wonderful structures, to play divine harmonies, to paint glorious pictures; I want feet to run my errands, eyes to see my beauties, tongues to tell mighty truths and to sing marvelous songs." … God wants those who can play music to have pianos and every other instrument… He wants those who can appreciate beauty to be able to surround themselves with beautiful things; He wants those who can discern truth to have the opportunity to travel and observe; He wants those who can appreciate dress to be beautifully clothed, and those who can appreciate good food to be luxuriously fed. He wants all these things because it is Himself that enjoys and appreciates them; it is God who wants to play, and sing, and enjoy beauty, and proclaim truth and wear fine clothes, and eat good food. – The Science on Getting Rich by Wallace Wattles 


I'm loving this book. I'm typically a Fiction maven, however, this publication is a must for anyone trying to get a strong foothold in the rock face of life. It's actually some of the inspiration for the movie and book 'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne. If you practice the law of attraction in your life or have no idea what I'm talking about you should navigate yourself over to Amazon and get this wisdom filled book. 
I'm having a good time working it into my life and making it work for me. For instance, just this morning when I was sweating it out on the treadmill working off last nights coconut confections, I felt God trying to enjoy life through me. Of course it didn't come in the form of a burning bush, just a burning desire to eat more cake. Who am I to deny God the chance to enjoy cake… it's my duty really. I considered eating the cake while on the treadmill in an effort to save myself some time, but my abilities to multitask are often in question, so I left behind the rotating runway for the reason I was there in the first place. 
I think every day should start with real cake… not just the pan variety! 


All Rights Reserved 2008 © Books and Bakes

No comments: