Saturday, January 26, 2008

Butternut Squash Muffins


It must be said that I am hopelessly in love with the British Chef Jamie Oliver.
He's totally adorable and is fantastic in the kitchen. His new show, Jamie at Home, on Food Network is wonderful, so much so that I get up early on Saturday mornings to watch it when it airs.
I never took him for much of a baker, but not to long ago on his episode featuring pumpkins and squash, he made these delicious looking butternut squash cupcakes and what was a simple crush turned into full fledged adoration!
I made them the other day and they are superb!! They are really easy so I recommend them to anyone willing to bake creatively. They are similar to carrot cake, but much better in my opinion. Here's the recipe. The only thing I have to say is the quantity is flat wrong! They claim it makes 12 muffins, and I got 3 dozen, so something went wrong in the translation, because I followed the recipe to a T! The larger amount prompted me to make double to topping, which I would recommend anyway, just so you can eat it with a spoon!

All Rights Reserved 2008 © Books and Bakes

No comments: